A leading D&B practice throughout Asia has a position for an ambitious junior designer
Salary: €18000-24000 per annum
Job type: Permanent
Location: Beijing, China
About this role
This is an opportunity for an experienced designer (3+ years) to join a Design and Build firm known for its corporate projects at their Beijing office. MCX Interior has projects of €300K to €1.2 million; though the size and cost may vary, the common thread is a commitment to engaging spaces for their clients. The practice rewards their designers for their achievements; this comes through promotions, pay increases and investment in the individual.
• Demonstrable passion for interior design and architecture is essential.
• Assisting the Project Lead and Director at all stages of the design process.
• Contributing to the concept development of a project and supporting this with sketching and imagery.
• Being conscious of budgetary restrictions when designing.
• Tweaking existing information (plans/drawings/visuals).
• Compiling mood and concept boards.
• Speaking/meeting with various suppliers, manufacturers, tradespeople to understand their product, costs, obtaining samples, swatches, etc.
Skills & Experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate at all levels in a variety of settings including a corporate environment and construction environments.
• The successful candidate must be technically minded with a positive can-do attitude.
• The individual must be highly organised, adaptable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
Relevant degree(s) in interior design/architecture.
Strong proficiency in AutoCAD is essential, Revit advantageous.
Knowledge of SketchUp and Adobe Suite.
This is a fantastic opportunity to create beautiful and inspirational interiors that enable people to live, work and play better. For consideration please email CV, portfolio, cover letter.