The applicant must have the following requirements:
at least 8-10 Years of WORKING EXPERIENCE in furniture design & project development
really good english level is... mandatory!
chinese language is a plus
must be keen on transfers (duration from 10 to 15 days each time) to China to check samples and develop clients relationship
applicant can be from any country, but must be based in Milan or willing to relocate to Shenzhen - China
abroad experiences of any kind are a plus
must have P.IVA if working in italy or is willing to open it for this job
salary will be reflected to experience and skills and will include bonuses based on results
- Above all must be fast in delivering the projects and follow-ups. must be efficient and meet both the client's and studio needs.
Previous work experience at any of following brands is a plus: Poliform, Flexform, Minotti, Porro, Calligaris, Desalto, Cassina, Living Divani, Saba, Vitra, Carl Hansen, Fritz Hansen, Gubi, Lema, Fredericia, Arflex
Softwares and skills needed for DESIGN:
- Rhinoceros, Keyshot and/or 3D Studio
- Adobe package: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc
- able to prepare presentations and also able to present in front of 5-10 people at client's site in english
- self-organised and able to meet tight deadlines
- must have experience on how to motivate, push and drive a team to success in delivering each project
- must have a deep knowledge of furniture structure and building techniques
- must have a good sense of proportions and colour combinations reflecting the needs of the targeted market
- booth design, shop and interior design experience it's a plus
Skills needed for PROJECT DEVELOPMENT:
You'll be in charge also of the development part and this will require that: as Development Manager you have a number of responsibilities, but the primary one is to get a product out the door. Your goal is deliver results to the customer, or market, and do everything necessary to achieve this. To do this you need to make sure the development team is able to work as efficiently as possible and this means making sure they have clear goals, both short term and long term, and that nothing prevents them from doing their work. From the initial project scope to deploying the product out to customer sites, each step is your responsibility. You can, and should, delegate as much as you can but be ready to check that things are being done as you want and be ready to jump in if it is not.
If you feel this job requirements fits you send us your portfolio, we will get back to you for an interview if your profile fits our needs.
Please note that candidates with less than 8 years of experience in furniture manufacturing will not be considered.
Shannon Sadler Design Studio:
design studio working both with europe and asia. specialised in furniture business with products shown at most important furniture fairs, like: Salone del Mobile, Shanghai Furniture fair, High Point, Dongguan Furniture Fair, Guangzhou Fair, Beijing Furniture Fair