data consegna prorogata al 9 gennaio 2011
Black Spectacles has created The Un-Competition Project. Invent a project, design it, and post your design with a 60 second video.
The purpose: to hear how you came up with your project, what your design is, and how you are going to get it built. So, no, there is no competition brief, you make the project up yourself, big or small- you sell it, and you figure out how to get it built. Then document it in a video, and we'll show it to the world.
Then, after all of the results are in, Black Spectacles has teamed up with the Chicago Architectural Club who will host an event that expands the dialogue about design entrepreneurship that the Un-Competition Project initiates. The winners will be presented, and the event will explore alternate methods of getting work, getting it built, and establishing yourself in the profession.
Your 60 second video should include the following:
1. How you came up with your project, and why you think it needs to be realized.
2. Explanation of your design idea, (include 3D and orthographic drawings/models).
3. Explanation of how you intend to get (or already have gotten) the project realized.
Schedule [updated October 27]
- January 9 Registration/Submissions due (midnight CST)
- January 11Public Voting Closes (midnight CST)
- January 13- Winners Announced
- January 19- Chicago Architectural Club Event
- A distinguished jury will award up to $1,500 (at its discretion) to first, second, third place and People's Choice winners. The People's Choice Award will be determined by the proposal with the most votes on Black Spectacles' Facebook page.
- The winning projects will also be the subject of a featured interview on our website, as well as featured participants in an event led by the Chicago Architectural Club.
Eligibility Designers from any country.