iscrizioni entro 9.02.10 | consegna entro 1.03.10
Arquitectum www.arquitectum.com, a company which organizes architecture competitions, is pleased to welcome the world’s architects to the International Architecture Competition "TOKYO 2010", to be held between the months of November 2009 to April 2010.
Over the past decades, Japan has become a leader society at design and industrial production, but especially at industrial development, which has successfully brought together both Occidental science and technology with Asiatic philosophy and history. Japanese design assumes the service of every aspect of modern life, still being a visual way that expresses universal truths and cultural values, with unique sensibility and mixture. Japan has contributed consistently to improve people’s lifestyles beyond limits, from the design of simple day-to-day use objects up to the most sophisticated ones, becoming an example of frontline design.
The challenge consists in designing a 100 meters high tower-museum, containing exhibition areas of 20th century fashion history and becoming a landmark for Tokyo. For this purpose, the site is located at Omotesando Street, since this avenue gathers the world's most important fashion houses, at their maximum magnificence. These buildings have been designed by Japan and the world's best architects. It is an incredible opportunity for the winning architect to gain professional acknowledgment at a potential growing market, such as fashion houses buildings in Tokyo.
1st PRIZE: US $ 3,000 (Three Thousand US Dollars).
• One airfare to Tokyo to attend the prize-giving ceremony and the exhibition of the competition's winning projects, to be held in April 2010 at Waseda University.
• Accommodation for three nights for two persons in Tokyo.
• 200 copies of the exclusive ARQUITECTUM publication -entitled "TOKYO 2010"- which will include all the competition's winning projects (including the honorable mentions), as well as a summary (photos, trajectory, record) of the career of each member of every team.
• Start of competition November 17th, 2009
• Last day for sending questions December 14th, 2009
• Answering of queries Replies updated on the website's FAQ section during the competition
• special registration From November 17th until December 14th, 2009
• early registration From December 15th, 2009 until January 11th, 2010
• late registration From January 12th until February 9th, 2010
• registration deadline February 9th, 2010
• proposal submission deadline Until March 1st, 2010
• jury evaluation From March 2nd to 22th, 2010
• winners announced March 24th, 2010
• tokyo exhibition April, 2010
Special Registration: From November 17th to December 14th, 2009: US$ 100.00
Early Registration: From December 15th 2009 to January 11th 2010: US$150.00
Late Registration: From January 12th to February 9th 2010: US$ 200.00
BRIEF on Arquitectum website: www.arquitectum.com