iscrizioni entro 31.03.10 | consegna entro 30.04.10
The ONE Prize award is an international competition and it is open to everyone. The proposals can be for a real or speculative project, for one or more real sites, and located either in the U.S. or applicable to U.S. sites.
Seeking architects, urban designers, planners, engineers, scientists, artists, students and individuals of all backgrounds:
- How can we break the American love affair with the suburban lawn?
- Can green houses be incorporated in skyscrapers?
- What are the urban design strategies for food production in cities?
- Can food grow on rooftops, parking lots, building facades?
- What is required to remove foreclosure signs on lawns and convert them to gardens?
Professionals and students of all fields are eligible to submit. However, there will be two separate categories of judging: one for professionals and college students and the second for high school students.
PROFESSIONALS The winner will receive the ONE Prize of $10,000. The five finalists will receive prominent year-long exposure on the competition website; presentation of designs at the award ceremony and web symposium and will be featured in the media sponsors. The web symposium will provide a platform to match the finalists with leading experts in fields relevant to farming, urban agriculture, planning, market analysis and land use development.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS The winner will receive $1,000 cash award, prominent year-long exposure on competition website; presentation of designs at the award ceremony and web symposium and will be featured in the media sponsors.
+ info: www.oneprize.org