iscrizioni entro 10.08.10 | consegna entro 1.09.10
Arquitectum and the Istituto Nazionale di Architettura want to bring a new element to the city's debate and enigma: a hundred meter high tower, next to the Coliseum, which would present itself as an "important" element, but not necessarily monumental, which would expose Rome's complexity by being a "vertical" Rome, which would assemble the facts and the enigmas lived and surviving in the Eternal City.
The challenge of this competition is, of course, to discover this "belonging" to Rome, the hidden beauty and exposed all over the city as a mendicant spirit, wandering lost, waiting for the architect willing and able to capture it. Therefore the suggested tower will serve as an element demonstrative of this spirit, projecting it in the present time and the uncertain future of a city which has survived every kind of buildings and can always take in a new one: refreshing, renewing and exposing of the constant rebirth of its vital structure.
JURY the jury members are the prominent architects:
Francesco Orofino | Massimo Locci | Manuela Raitano | Guendalina Salimei | Luca Lamini
PRIZES The prizes will be as described below:
- 1st PRIZE: US$ 3,000
• One airfare to ROME to attend the prize-giving ceremony and the exhibition of the competition's winning projects, to be held in October 2010 at the Istituto Nazionale di Architettura.
• Accommodation for three nights for two persons in Rome.
• 200 copies of the exclusive ARQUITECTUM publication - entitled "ROME 2010"- which will include all the competition's winning projects (including the honorable mentions), as well as a summary (photos, trajectory, record) of the career of each member of every team.
- 2nd PRIZE: US $ 1,000
• 100 copies of the exclusive ARQUITECTUM publication -entitled "ROME 2010"- which will include all the competition's winning projects (including the honorable mentions).
- 3rd PRIZE: 50 copies of the exclusive ARQUITECTUM publication - entitled "ROME 2010"- which will include all the competition's winning projects (including the honorable mentions).
- 9 HONORABLE MENTIONS
- Special Registration: From June 1st to June 15th, 2010: US$ 100.00
- Early Registration: From June 16th to July 13th, 2010: US$ 150.00
- Late Registration: From July 14th to August 10th, 2010: US$ 200.00
more info: www.arquitectum.com