iscrizioni entro 15.10.10 | consegna entro 16.11.10
The contest « Brussels Courthouse, imagine the future! » aims at developing a view of the future of the Courthouse in the form of one or more ideas, including the broad lines of an architectural and urban planning project for the Courthouse and the surroundings of Place Poelaert. This is an open and creative international contest. The concepts submitted shall treat the building as a monument and consider the meaning of this place within a contemporary context. The organizers wish to keep this line of approach as broad as possible.
The purpose of this contest is not to submit a finalized urban planning or architectural project to the Belgian Buildings Agency and the FPS Justice but to imagine the future allocation - whether judicial or not - of the Brussels Courthouse and of the surroundings of Place Poelaert.
It is suggested that the participants work on one or on both of the following scenarios:
- 1. Either a scenario based on a Courthouse (partially) keeping its judicial functions, e.g. the court of appeal (civil section), the Court of Cassation, the Public Prosecutor's office of the Court of Cassation, the court of assize and the bars.
- 2. or a scenario based on a Courthouse totally cleared of its judicial functions.
The contest is meant for professionals from all countries, either active in the field of architecture, urban planning and Justice or engineers, market development engineers, artists, ... as well as schools active in these fields.
Applications can be filed from 20th July 2010 until 15th October 2010. All projects must be sent by the participants and received by the organizer before 16th November 2010 at 02:00 PM (GMT+1).
Prizes will be the following: a lump sum of 60,000 Euros, granted by the Belgian Buildings Agency, will be divided up among the two scenarios within the framework of which the first 3 prize-winners will be remunerated as follows:
- 15.000 Euros for the first prize-winner;
- 10.000 Euros for the second prize-winner;
- 5.000 Euros for the third prize-winner.
Website contest www.brusselscourthousecontest.be
pubblicato in data: