consegna entro 10 ottobre 2010
The Poultry Project 2010 Chicken Coop Design Competition is calling farmers, designers, thinkers, architects, artists, and locavores to design a chicken coop for use in urban or suburban backyards. The ideal coop will integrate aesthetics with utility and make creative use of local materials.
Two cash prizes - a juried prize & people's prize. The competition is open to ALL.
Location urban/suburban backyard
Sizes 6 birds or less; allow 4 sq. ft. per bird (Cleveland and many other U.S. cities permitting urban chicken keeping restrict the number of birds to a flock of 6 or less)
Protection protect the birds from the elements, predators, theft, and injury
Feed & Water allow space for easy access to feed & water supplies
Ventilation keep the coop dry and draft-free with windows, door(s) & roof; controlling humidity is essential - especially during cool months
Nests one nest for every 4 hens
Perch provide 6-10 in. of perch space per bird
Light a source of light is vital for layers; an electric light may be needed during winter or in cool climates Materials Reuse. Repurpose. Be creative.
- Cash prize of $500 for juried prize; the panel is made up of prominent local farmers, designers and change-makers
- Cash prize of $250 for people's prize; vote made by event attendees
- Winners to be featured in a variety of media
- Winning designs to be fabricated as built prototypes and considered for commercial manufacture
- Winning designs to be modified for use by The Poultry Project participants in Uganda
For more details, see below and visit website www.poultryproject.com
pubblicato in data: