iscrizioni entro il 30.06.14 | consegna entro il 31.08.14
The third edition of UIA-HYP Cup International Student Competition in Architectural Design of this year continues to focus on the theme of "Architecture in Transformation" with the topic "Unexpected City" decided by Daniel Libeskind, Chairman of the jury.
Daniel Libeskind elaborates the topic as follows: We know the digital city, the sustainable city, and the smart city. But city in transition is also about the unexpected city, like the unexpected creative city, the unexpected social city, the unexpected public space that a city can have, the unexpected city of art, the unexpected social and cultural encounters that a city can give us. So I think the "Unexpected City" is also the city in transition and the city of future. It's about everything which is not what I expected. It's about everything which is not on the agenda but will become our agenda because of the creative process.
Requirements of the Competition
1. Participants can draw up the project proposal themselves and there is no limitation on architectural types. Designers of the project should take into account the features of contemporary urban architecture and pay attention to specific space needs of different user groups. 2. Participants can choose sites themselves. The site should be challenging and with distinct urban characteristics. 3. Total floor area is around 4,000 m². It may be increased or decreased up to around 10% according to the designer.
PRIZES and AWARDS
- 1st Prize (1 team): Certificate and 60,000 RMB (around 10,000 USD) (before tax)
- 2nd Prize (3 teams): Certificate and 30,000 RMB (around 5,000 USD) (before tax)
- 3rd Prize (8 teams): Certificate and 10,000 RMB (around 1,700 USD) (before tax)
- Honorable Mentions (20 teams): Certificate and 6-month free subscription of UED magazines
pubblicato in data: