iscrizioni entro 21.08.14 | consegna entro 01.09.14
The merging of different aspects of high quality architecture in sustainable building structures is the primary goal of teaching and research activities at the Department of Building and Environment. Here, daylight is a key factor in the architectural design. To highlight the special importance of natural light on architectural qualities, the Department for Building and Environment announces the competition "Daylight Spaces" for the fourth time.
Until the economic production of artificial lighting systems daylight was of supreme importance for the utilisation of buildings and determining element for special design. Therefore, architectural interventions on existing and historical buildings and design strategies for optimized natural light entries and high levels of daylight autonomy are in the focus of interests.
The planning, discovery, observation, analysis or evaluation of an efficient way to improve the daylighting of buildings is the topic of the competition "Daylight Spaces" and ought to contribute to the awareness of the designing with daylight.
Deadline for Free Registration: 21.08.2014
Deadline for Submissions: 01.09.2014
For international winners, the organization AIR artists-in-residence and ORTE, the architecture network of Lower Austria and Velux Austriaare providing the prizes which include:
- accommodation in studio apartments of AIR artist-in-residence Krems
- 1.000 € grant for each study visitor
- Travel costs from the winners' residences to Krems and back, provided by the sponsors of the competition.
- The opportunity to use the Lightlab of the Department for Building and Environment at Danube University Krems throughout the month's visit.
For Austrian winners:
- Invitation to take part in the renowned, international symposium Daylight 2015 including arrival and departure as well as hotel accommodation (for a max. of two representatives per each winning team).
In addition, there is the possibility of using the Lightlab of the Department for Building and Environment for the duration of one month.
pubblicato in data: