iscrizioni entro 27.02.15 | consegna entro 02.03.15
[AC-CA] promuove un concorso internazionale di idee per progettare un cinema temporaneo nella città di Dakar in Senegal.
Dakar is the capital and largest city in Senegal. It is located on the Cap-Vert Peninsula on the Atlantic coast and is the western most city on the African mainland.
Senegal has a number of filmmakers such as Ousmane Sembene who wrote and narrated the film "Borom Sarret" in 1963. The film received wide recognition in Africa and internationally.
Today, downtown Dakar, a city of 2.5 million people, has almost no films theatres with many of the old theatre if not all closing their doors in the last decade.
AIM OF THIS COMPETITION
The aim of this International Competition is to design a Temporary Cinema within the city of Dakar in Senegal. This competition hopes to achieve the following:
- Encourage and reward design excellence which integrates function, structure and details.
- Analyse how the thoughtful development of the cinema within the surrounding neighborhood helps to create a livable community.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing a temporary structure.
- Build knowledge of design principles related to cultural development within an urban area.
- Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
THOSE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE
Architects, Architecture Graduated, Engineers and Students. Interdisciplinary teams are also encouraged to enter the Competition.
- 1st PRIZE: US$ 3,500
- 2nd PRIZE: US$ 1,700
- 3rd PRIZE: US$ 800
There will also be 7 honorable mentions
+ info ww.ac-ca.org/en/project12