consegna entro l'1 settembre 2016
Non Architecture Competitions indice il concorso di idee Making per ottenere proposte progettuali destinate alla realizzazione di una fabbrica, intesa come luogo di creazione e lavorazione dei prodotti di ogni genere. I partecipanti dovranno realizzare elaborati innovativi e non convenzionali, mettendo in discussione il significato stesso della parola "fabbrica".
La proposta potrà consistere in un dispositivo, un mobile, un progetto di interior design, un padiglione, un edificio o un piano urbanistico, andando dalla progettazione del dettaglio all'intervento più ampio sulla città.
The aim of the Making competition is to develop a design proposal for the factory typology, intended as a place of creation and processing of goods of any kind. It is asked to the participants to create innovative and unconventional projects on this theme, questioning the very basis of the notion of factory. Recently many initiatives, such as Fab Labs and Makers faires, have been proposing new interpretations of the functioning of factories, using on demand production and 3d printing to develop extremely successful models. With similar creative attitude the participants are urged to create an artefact, merging considerable programmatic innovation and valuable design tools. The proposal can be a device, a piece of furniture, an interior design project, a pavilion, a building or a urban plan. Scale of intervention, program dimensions and location are not given and they can be arranged by the participants to better suit their project.
Non Architecture Competitions are open to all human beings, from every age and cultural background, working in groups or individually. Teams can be formed by a maximum number of 5 people. The registration fee is paid per team, regardless of how many members form it.
The entry periods will be divided as follows:
- 1-15 June Special registration period 30 €
- 16 June-15 July Early registration period 45 €
- 16 July-15 August Regular registration period 60 €
- 16-27 August Late registration period 75 €
Registration prices include VAT (value added tax).
The timing always refers to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT 0).
The registration fee is per team, regardless of how many members are on the team. If a team wants to submit more than one proposal to the competition they will have to register each proposal separately and pay an additional fee for each proposal they wish to submit.
All registrations will be done through the Non Architecture website (www.nonarchitecture.eu), where you have to create an account, log in and choose your payment option.
Submissions must be done through the Non Architecture Competitions' intranet only, before the date indicated on the competition calendar. A log in section will be opened 2 weeks before the deadline.
The submission is anonymous. You must log in with your username and password and follow the upload process. No submissions will be accepted by e-mail or any other medium.
The submission page will be automatically closed after the submission date and time are reached, not allowing any modifications or aggregations after that, so please, try to upload your project 24 hours in advance so that you have time to solve any issues that might come up along the way (they always do!).
Non Architecture Competitions wants to be unconventional also in the way it rewards its participants. There will be in fact three winners. In addition 12 honourable mentions will be awarded.
Each one of the 3 jury members will select one winner and four honourable mentions.
The prizes are the following:
- WINNERS (3 Prizes): 1.000 euros, publication in the Non Architecture Competitions books and website, and reviews in digital magazines and several architecture blogs.
- HONOURABLE MENTIONS (12 Prizes): Publication in the Non Architecture Competitions books and website, and reviews in digital magazines and several architecture blogs.
- FINALISTS: Publication in the Non Architecture Competitions books.
- 1-15 June Special registration period
- 16 June-15 July Early registration period
- 16 July-15 August Regular registration period
- 16-27 August Late registration period
- 15 August Submission section open on your personal account page
- 1 September Submission Deadline (23:59)
- 1 September The "Sleeping- Alternative designs for hotels" book available
- 19-24 September Winners announcement
- 19 September Call for Materials for book starts
- 19 October Call for Materials for book ends
- 2 January The "Making - Alternative designs for factories" book available
pubblicato in data: - ultimo aggiornamento: