iscrizione entro il 3 febbraio 2017 | consegna entro il 10 febbraio 2017
AIIC - Architecture International Ideas Competition lancia il concorso di idee [RE]design BIG designs, con il quale ci si vuole interrogare su quale sarebbe il simbolo di Parigi se la Tour Eiffel non esistesse. La sfida lanciata dal contest, infatti, è proprio quella di trovare una nuova icona per la capitale francese, puntando su un'architettura capace di riflettere il design contemporaneo e la storia dell'intero Paese.
Potranno partecipare al concorso studenti di architettura o ingegneria, architetti laureati, architetti o ingegneri, che avranno tempo fino al 10 febbraio 2017 per inviare le proprie proposte.
As one of the most iconic landmarks in the world, the first goal of this International Competition is to design a new icon to the city of Paris.
The architecture of this new structure should reflect contemporary design and historical tendencies. The proposal must not only attend to the specific func-tion but the design should also take into consideration the urban insertion and impact geared towards creating a new perspective of the city.T
his competition hopes to achieve the following:
- To generate a balance between the real historical moment of the monument and nowadays.
- To find a design excellence between existing architecture and engineering with the project to be.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing an original tower.
- To generate the discussion of ideas regarding the functionality of towers in relation with art and sculpture.
- Estimulate the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
Students of Architecture and Engeneering, Architecture Graduates, Architects or Engineers. Interdisciplinary teams are encouraged to enter the Competition.
Entrants may register for the competition by filling the online registration form and submitting it with the appropriate payment through our secure gateway.
- Early Registration: US$ 65 | 15 October - 07 November 2016
- Standard Registration: US$ 85 | 8 November 2016 - 8 January 2017
- Late Registration: US$ 105 | 9 January - 3 February 2017
All entry submissions must be uploaded in our website www.aiic.co until midnight on 10 February 2017 (11:59 pm. - 00:00 CET Paris).
The prize of US$ 6,000 will be distributed for the winning participations, as follows:
- 1st prize: US$ 4,000
- 2nd prize:US$ 1,500
- 3rd prize: US$ 500
There will also be 7 honorable mentions.
- Competition Officially Announcement: 10 October 2016
- Early Registrations: 15 October - 07 November 2016
- Standard Registration: 8 November 2016 - 8 January 2017
- Late Registration: 9 January - 3 February 2017
- Deadline for Questions: 17 December 2016
- Deadline for Submissions: 10 February 2017
- Jury Evaluation: 11 February - 25 February 2017
- Announcement of Winners and Publication at 26 February 2017