iscrizioni entro 31/03/09 | consegna entro 20/04/09
ARQUITECTUM, a company which organizes architecture competitions, is pleased to be able to welcome the world"s architects to the International Architecture Competition "MIAMI 2009", to be held from January 2009 to May 2009 in our website www.arquitectum.com
THE CHALLENGE For this competition the project in question, located at the end of Fifth Avenue leading to South Beach, in the Miami Beach Area, is a "Pier-Museum" which, pointing out to sea, will stand as a "horizontal monument" to all the immigrants (particularly the Cuban immigrants) who have arrived on these shores in search of a better future. To this end, this 100 meter long structure will point out to sea off Miami Beach and will house a museum in which the personal effects, souvenirs and photos belonging to the new generation of immigrants will be exhibited " those who came to the city of Miami from the 1950s to the 1980s in search of their own personal American Dream.
- The winning project will be presented to the government of the city of Miami in an exhibition at the University of Miami.
- Two air tickets to Miami to attend the prize-giving ceremony and the exhibition of the winning projects, which will be held on the campus of the University of Miami at the School of Architecture in June 2009.
- US $ 3,000 travel costs paid in cash in Miami.
- START OF COMPETITION: January 3rd, 2009
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 31st, 2009
- PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: until April 20th, 2009
- JURY EVALUATIONS: April 21st to May 20th, 2009
- WINNERS ANNOUNCED: May 30th, 2009
- MIAMI EXHIBITION: July, 2009