iscrizioni entro 14/03/09 | consegna entro 6/04/09
The International Architecture Biennale Rotterdam (IABR) 2009 in collaboration with Ikatan Arsitek Indonesia (Indonesian Institute of Architects Jakarta Chapter) is pleased to announce an idea competition on the theme of "gotong royong city" in the context of the extended metropolitan region of Jakarta.
Three winning entries will be selected by an international jury for exhibition in the IABR 2009 and awarded prizes totaling 7,000 Euros.
Theme: Gotong Royong City This 4th Biennale takes the theme of "Open City: Designing Coexis- tence". The idea of the Open City is understood as "an urban condition that enables diverse cultures and lifestyles to coexis"’. It "balances integrating and segregating forces to encourage distinct communities and groups to settle, interact, and establish the dynamic relationships that we call urbanity". A number of sub-themes will examine this Open City hypothesis in greater detail, and one of these has been identified as "Gotong Royong".
Eligibility The competition is open to all professionals and students in architecture, urban design and related disciplines. Entrants are encouraged to form inter-disciplinary teams including sociologists, artists, planners, anthropologists, engineers, economists etc.
* 27 Feb - Competition Launch and Registration (website)
* 27 Feb - 14 March Question and Answer (website)
* 14 March - Registration Closes (website)
* 14 March - 6 Apr (24.00 NL time, GMT Ư) Submission Dates (website)
* 13 Apr - Results Announced (website)
* 7 May - Prize Ceremony and Workshop (Jakarta)
* 24 Sept - 10 Jan 2010 International Architecture Biennale Rotterdam (NAi, Rotterdam)
* 1 Winner 1,500 eur prize + 1,500 eur*
* 1 Runner-up 750 eur prize + 1,500 eur
* 1 Honorable mention 250 eur prize + 1,500 eur
The competition website
- www.iai-jakarta.org/gotongroyongcity.html Institute of Architects Jakarta
- www.iabr.nl International Architecture Biennale Rotterdam
pubblicato in data: