We now have an opening for a Retail Project Manager to join our Retail Delivery team based in London. The key focus of this role is to lead the retail delivery on major projects or within stable centres as allocated and directed by the Retail Delivery Manager.
Retail Delivery is defined as the management, facilitation, co-ordination and communication of all aspects relevant to ensure that tenancies are delivered on time to tenants and are fully compliant with the requirements of their Agreements For Lease and that tenants deliver their tenancies complete with the agreed fit-outs, ready to trade and fully compliant with the requirements of their Agreements For Lease.
In this role, you will be…
• Advising on resource requirements at a strategic level at the project conception stage.
• Establish effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilized throughout the delivery of a project.
• Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan to deliver the retail elements.
• Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance.
• Managing the flow of project information between the Tenant, Leasing, Development, Design &Construction and Centre Management through regular meetings and written communications.
• Taking a leading role in interfacing with tenants & their consultants at all stages of retail delivery.
• Staff management – Inputting into the formal management of Retail Project Managers and Technical Coordinator to include 1st round recruitment interviews, input into resource management and other responsibilities.
• Oversee the management of Business Lease Agreement (BLA) information transfer to construction including capital expense approval authorization & instruction. Ensure that all landlord obligations are achieved in accordance with all legal requirements. Work closely with the Senior Retail Design Manager to ensure tenant designs meet the program parameters that have been established at the commencement of the project.
• Manage the tenant access/handover stage and ensure that formal a process and procedure is in place to deal with closing out snagging issues that may arise.
• Maintain and ensure that procedures are in place to police the tenant’ shop fitting contractors for compliance with the Landlord’s Principal Contractor’s Site Constraints Document.
• Ensuring that CDM compliance is confirmed by tenants.
• Establish a process to check and record that the tenants are liaising with statutory undertakers and are obtaining all the necessary consents that they are responsible for obtaining to satisfy consent to trade requirements.
• Ensure that there is a checking process in place to monitor that tenants’ commissioning is carried out consistent with the Fit-Out Guide (or other policy/procedures document as applicable and referred to in legal agreements), including close out all outstanding issues following tenancies opening for trade in order to complete the retail delivery process.
We’re looking for someone with…
• Degree equivalent
• Ideally professionally qualified in one of the following fields: Construction, Project Management, Engineering, Surveying or Architecture.
• Exensive project management experience.
• Extensive retail delivery (pilotage) experience
• Extensive experience in dealing with Public Authorities: Municipality, ASL, Fire Brigade,..
• Professional level fluency in English and Italian language skills
• Experience in working with cross functional teams within & outside of the company, including, leasing, development, design & construction teams or practices.
• A through understanding of the total project life cycle, from dealing with strategic issues at conception stage, through all of the operational stages to completion and post project review.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of all of the main project management concepts, tools and techniques.
The core Westfield values cover four key areas; Achieves, Collaborates, Innovates and Creates/Builds Community. We call these values The Westfield Edge and they are personified in every employee through the following behaviours;
• Focused on achieving high standards by working on your own initiative and taking accountability for results.
• Driving forward actions with pace and encouragement of creative solutions - you have a hunger for delivering results.
• Be proactive and resilient whilst maintaining an adaptive approach.
• Have an open and transparent communication style with the ability to listen, influence and challenge appropriately.
• Cultivate close working relationships within team and colleagues to drive win-win execution.
• Take a fresh & unrestrictive view on current ways of doing things to stimulate innovation and new approaches.
• Embrace change by fostering state-of-the-art knowledge and technology trends to sustain Westfield’s competitive edge.
• Desire and ability to question and challenge the status quo and build compelling cases for change while still working effectively within a team.
• Be committed, motivated and passionate about our people and our company.
Working at Westfield is not all about hard work and no play. The rewards reflect this, and include a competitive salary, a host of benefits including generous discounts at our centres and a stimulating work environment.
If you want to join a truly inspirational organisation which is constantly driving innovation, please review and apply accordingly.