iscrizione entro 11.01.11 | consegna entro 18.01.11
eVolo Magazine is pleased to invite students, architects, engineers, and designers from around the globe to take part in the 2011 Skyscraper Competition.
The annual eVolo Skyscraper Competition is a forum for the discussion, development, and promotion of innovative concepts for vertical density. It examines the relationship between the skyscraper and the natural world, the skyscraper and the community, and the skyscraper and the city.
The exponential increase of the world's population and its unprecedented shift from rural to urban areas has prompted hundreds of new developments without adequate urban planning and poor architectural design. The aim of this competition is to redefine what we understand as a skyscraper and initiate a new architectural discourse of economic, environmental, intellectual, and perceptual responsibility that could ultimately modify our cities and improve our way of life.
The use of new materials, technologies, aesthetics, and novel spatial organizations, along with studies on globalization, flexibility, adaptability, and the digital revolution are some of the multi-layered elements that the participants should take into consideration. This is also an investigation on the public and private space and the role of the individual and the collective in the creation of a dynamic and adaptive vertical community.
There are no restrictions in regards to site, program or size. The objective is to provide maximum freedom to the participants to engage the project without constraints in the most creative way. What is a skyscraper in the 21st century? What are the historical, contextual, social, urban, and environmental responsibilities of these mega-structures?
Students, architects, engineers, and designers are invited to participate in the competition. We encourage you to have multidisciplinary teams.
- Participants must register by January 11, 2011.
- Early Registration: US $65 until November 16, 2010
- Late Registration: US $85 from November 17, 2010 to January 11, 2011
- One registration = One project.
- Participants may submit various projects, but must register each entry.
- There is no limit as to the number of participants per team. Individual entries are accepted.
- After your registration has been approved eVolo will send the registration number which will be necessary for submission boards.
- R E G I S T E R Y O U R T E A M
- July 19, 2010 - Competition announcement, registration begins, acceptance of questions
- November 8, 2010 - Deadline for submitting questions
- November 16, 2010 - Early registration deadline
- November 30, 2010 - Answers to questions posted on website
- January 11, 2011 - Late registration deadline
- January 18, 2011 - Project submission deadline
- February 28, 2011 - Winners' announcement
This is a digital competition and no hardcopies are necessary. Entrants must submit their proposal via email no later than January 18, 2011 (23:00 hours US Eastern Time) to the following email address: email@example.com
The project submission must contain the following files:
- Two boards with the project information including plans, sections, and perspectives. Participants are encouraged to submit all the information they consider necessary to explain their proposal. These boards should be 24″ X 48″ in HORIZONTAL format. The resolution of the boards must be 150 dpi, RGB mode and saved as JPG files. The upper right corner of each board must contain the participation number. There should not be any marks or any other form of identification. The files must be named after the registration number followed by the board number. For example: 0101-1.jpg and 0101-2.jpg.
- A DOC file containing the project statement (600 words max). This file must be named after the registration number followed by the word "statement". For example: 0101-statement.doc.
- A DOC file containing the entrants' personal information, including name, profession, address, and email. This file must be named after the registration number followed by the word "info". For example: 0101-info.doc.
- All the files must be placed in a ZIP folder named after your registration number. For example: 0101.zip
- This is an anonymous competition and the registration number is the only means of identification.
- The official language of the competition is English.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Contacting the Jury is prohibited.
- Entrants will be disqualified if any of the competition rules are not considered.
- Participation assumes acceptance of the regulations.
- 1st place - US $5000
- 2nd place - US $2000
- 3rd place - US $1000
Winners and special mentions will be published in several print magazines including eVolo_04.
Le date di scadenza visualizzate sono frutto di attività redazionale. Le uniche date ufficiali sono quelle contenute nel testo del bando e/o sul sito web di chi organizza o promuove il concorso. Controllarne sempre la validità presso l'Ente banditore.