iscrizioni entro 31.10.11 | consegna entro 02.12.11
The University of South Florida, in conjunction with the National Endowment for the Arts invite designers to participate in an international urban design competition: [re]stitch TAMPA welcomes entrants to envision a new interface between the city of Tampa, Florida and the Hillsborough River.
Utilizing Landscape Urbanism as a lens, [re]stitch Tampa seeks to refocus the Hillsborough as a SOCIAL, ECONOMIC, and ECOLOGIC spine for Tampa.
As the River walk is further developed, [re]stitch Tampa seeks design solutions that rekindle an intimate relationship between a city and its river. Beyond merely skirting or crossing the river, urban design schemes will treat infrastructure as a palimpsest fostering balance between built and natural environments. Issues of storm water management will transcend traditional methods of implementation to reveal productive landscapes promoting social and economic sustainability. Issues of ecology should transcend the river to promote green infrastructure throughout downtown and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Sep. 1st, 2011 Competition launch reception at the Tampa Museum of Art
- Sep. 1st, 2011 Official Launch of [re]stitch TAMPA. "Early Bird" registration begins
- Oct. 31st, 2011 End of "Early Bird" registration
- Dec. 2nd, 2011 Deadline for submissions to [re]stitch TAMPA
- Dec. 15th, 2011 Announcement of first stage winners
- Apr. 6th, 2012 Second stage of design submittals due
- Apr. 13th, 2012 Awards Ceremony and exhibition reception
- Apr. 14th, 2012 Workshop and lecture series
- Apr. 15th, 2012 Workshop and lecture series
competition web site: www.restitchtampa.org
pubblicato in data: