iscrizioni entro 15.02.12 | consegna entro 29.02.12
The aim of this International competition is to design an Iconic Pedestrian Bridge in the Heart of Amsterdam. The architecture of this new structure should reflect contemporary design tendencies.
The proposal must not only attend to the specific function but the design should also take into consideration the urban insertion and impact geared towards creating a new architectural symbol for an European capital city.
This competition hopes to achieve the following:
- Encourage and reward design excellence between architecture and engineering.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing an original footbridge.
- To generate the discussion of ideas regarding the functionality of bridges in relation with art and sculpture.
- Encourage the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
- 1st Prize: US$ 3,000 (Three thousand us dollars)
- 2nd Prize: US$ 1,600 (One thousand six hundred us dollars)
- 3rd Prize: US$ 800 (Eight hundred us dollars)
There will also be 7 honorable mentions
+ info: www.ac-ca.org/en/project03