candidature entro il 7 luglio 2016
Una somma di 3.500 dollari, un programma di mentoring per un anno in compagnia del fotografo documentarista Tom Stoddart, attrezzatura fotografica offerta da Canon e la possibilità di essere ammessi ad un corso di specializzazione ad Amsterdam: sono i premi per giovani fotografi messi in palio dalla Ian Parry Scholarship, una borsa dedicata al fotogiornalista del The Sunday Times ucciso durante la Rvoluzione romena del 1989.
Ian Parry was a photojournalist who died while on assignment for The Sunday Times during the Romanian revolution in 1989. He was just 24 years of age. Aidan Sullivan, then picture editor, and Ian's friends and family created the Ian Parry Scholarship in order to build something positive from such a tragic death.
Each year he holds an international photographic competition for young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24.
There will now be two awards, The Award for Achievement and the Award for Potential, the entry criteria for both will remain the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits and appropriateness of the entries.
It is also introduced a year long Mentorship Programme for the winner of the Award for Potential. Entrants must submit a portfolio and a brief and clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.
There is no fee for entry.
- The Main Sponsor, The Incite Project, will add work from the winners to their prestigious collection and invite them to visit the collection for a private tour.
- Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project
- Mentorship Programme - the winner of the Award for Potential will receive one years personal Mentorship. This years Mentor is the highly respected Photojournalist and Ian Parry Board Member, Tom Stoddart
- Canon provides equipment to the winners.
- World Press Photo automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
- Reportage by Getty Images adds the winner of the Achievement Award to its on line Emerging Talent group.
For further information about the scholarship: www.ianparry.org/scholarship
pubblicato in data: