The Buzzards Bay Village Association is pleased to announce a single-phase, open International Design Competition seeking innovative proposals for up to a 20-acre park with extensive frontage on both Cape Cod Canal and Main Street, Buzzards Bay.
The main objective is to create an intergenerational recreation area and cultural amenity for the use of local residents while encouraging downtown economic redevelopment.
The Competition is anticipated to generate rich and diverse designs that address the following criteria:
- Innovative ideas for recreation and other public uses for BRIDGE/PARK
- Emphasize ecology and conservation, especially in the flood plain along the waterfront
- Generate new concepts in harmony with the day-to-day life of residents while attracting tourism
- Consider the relationship of the site to the adjacent Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- Reflect Cape Cod ambience, quality of life, water resources and open space
- The need for enhanced connections between the site, the Main Street business district and residential areas to the north of the by-pass
- We encourage competitors to provide the most forward thinking, compelling and speculative solutions.
- All inventive programmatic ideas will be considered.
Type: Single phase: Planning/Landscape/Architecture/Environmental Design
Materials available: Saturday, January 15th 2005
Registration: Starts: Saturday, January 15th
Deadline: Tuesday, April 19th 2005
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, April 19th 2005, 5:00 PM EST
Open to: Students/Professionals/Artists
Entry Fee: $50.00 for students, $100.00 for professionals and others both USA and foreign.
For more information:
pubblicato in data: