scadenza consegna 5 settembre 2008
The Colegio de Arquitectos of Ecuador invites to every architectural design professionals of the World to participate in the Worldwide Competition of Social Habitat And Development in the present edition of XVI Quito Pan-American Architecture Biennale to be held from 17 to 21 of November 2008.
In attention to the increase of poverty in all the world, caused by urban sprawl as a spontaneous answer to the deficit housing, the BAQ/2008 have decided to include an international award oriented to visualize and acknowledge efforts made in the region to improve the lives of most vulnerable urban populations, within a sustainable framework, which grants them better living standards and an improved quality of life.
This category includes housing projects designed for users under the following parameters:
- community and collective habitat; shared in common and collaborative
- self-built experiences
- minimum housing and/or progressive housing
- low-cost housing prototypes
- technological advancement
- neighborhood improvement
- recovery of public spaces
- natural habitat restoration and urban landscape design
- collaborative design
The projects to be presented, must contribute to solve housing issues, and present cultural and esthetic contributions that strengthen the identities of their local communities. Worldwide projects construction completion date is between 2004 and 2008 and who belong to the professional bodies of the countries where they exercise their professions, may participate in this Competition.
- first price, 4.000 US$
- second price, 3.000 US$
- third price, 1.500 US$
There will be a special reconizment for works that contributes to ecology preservation and renewable technologies developped to protect our world.
Entry cost: 100 US$
- Deadline for receiving entries: Friday, September 05, 2008, 18:00hrs. (Ecuador)
- Publication of the Jury's Decision: Monday, November 17, 2008 (XVI BAQ 2008 Week)
- Inauguration of the exhibition: Monday, November 17, 2008.
- Awards: Friday, November 21, 2008.