scadenza 15 maggio 2009
i-want-a-print announces the i-want-a-print Emerging Talent Award devoted to promoting the work of Visual arts students and/or recent graduates making the transition from the academic environment to professional careers.
Finalists will have the opportunity to sell museum-quality limited edition prints of their works with the soon-to-be-launched i-want-a-student-print website, which will handle the production and sales of these editions. Artists will enjoy profits of up to 9,600 Euros and a resulting exposure.
One winner will receive a 1,000 Euros cash award as an advance on future sales. Application is free and easy to follow through by email. Results will be published mid-June, with the launch of the i-want-a-student-print website.
1. Deadline for submissions is May 15th, 2009.
2. One Winner will receive a 1,000 Euros award as down payment on future sales.
3. Each finalist will have his/her selected artworks displayed, promoted and sold in a limited edition through the i-want-a-student-print website.
4. Each finalist will receive 50% of the gross income directly resulting from selling the Prints, after deduction of 20% for printing, stocking, production and all other overhead costs.
5. Artists will be allowed to submit two (2) to five (5) artworks.
6. Works submitted must never have been sold or reproduced.
7. A distinguished panel of Jurors, headed by Roi Kuper, will review submitted works. There are no limitations to the theme, subject, or media of works, as long as they can be digitally reproduced in high quality limited editions.
8. Two works will be chosen per finalist.
9. Finalists will be announced by June 1st, 2009.
10. The competition is open to students/emerging talents over 18 years old.
Roi Kuper - Bio
The works of the world-renowned photographer Roi Kuper, born in 1956, are featured in the most prominent collections such as the Tate Modern, London, the Israel Museum, Jerusalem, the Tel Aviv Museum of Art as well as private collections. Kuper, the former Head of the Department of Photography at the Camera Obscura School of Art in Tel Aviv, teaches in Israel's finest art schools, among them the Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem.
i-want-a-print is a web-based platform, founded by a group of artists and art professionals, to allow contemporary art enthusiasts easy purchase of museum-quality limited edition prints, at affordable prices. All artworks featured and sold through i-want-a-print are carefully hand picked from a pool of acclaimed innovative artists whose works currently adorn the world's most high-profile galleries.
pubblicato in data: