consegna entro il 1° ottobre 2016
Al via una nuova edizione di Fentress Global Challenge, il concorso internazionale per studenti e neolaureati che invita a esplorare le possibilità dell'architettura con sguardo rivolto al futuro. Il tema di questa edizione è l'aeroporto del futuro. Gli studenti vincitori, non solo riceveranno un premio in denaro, ma otterranno uno stage pagato presso lo studio Fentress Architects, con sedi in diverse città degli Stati Uniti, a Londra e a Shanghai. Il montepremi è di 21mila euro.
The Fentress Global Challenge is an annual international competition created to engage students worldwide in the exploration of future design possibilities in public architecture. The competition theme changes to reflect current issues. For 2016, students around the globe are invited to envision "The Airport of the Future". Winning students gain international exposure and receive cash prizes and a paid internship.
Participants are encouraged to re-envision the terminal building of the future, taking into consideration current technological trends and applying them to the near future. The participant should consider every element of the passenger experience and seek to improve every dimension of the building. Things to consider are urbanization, globalization, technological innovations, flexibility, security, adaptability, and the traveler experience from "curbside to airside".
The Fentress Global Challenge is open to graduate and undergraduate students who are actively enrolled and pursuing architecture or engineering degrees, as well as recent graduates (within the last four years) with a degree in architecture or engineering.
• 1st Place US$15,000 prize and a certificate (US$15,000 prize includes US$5,000 cash, four-week paid internship at Fentress Architects, airfare and lodging) Interns from outside the U.S. are responsible for obtaining necessary visa and paperwork; Fentress Architects will provide a letter stating an offer for internship. Internship details will be arranged one on one with the winning student.
• 2nd Place US$3,000 cash prize and a certificate
• 3rd Place US$2,000 cash prize and a certificate
People's Choice Award US $1,000 cash prize and a certificate
- Design Submission Deadline 01 October 2016
- Shortlist Announced 14 October 2016
- Winners Announced 01 November 2016
- Internship at Fentress Architects Summer 2017